Saturday, September 18, 2010

Ta Da!

Ta da!
Well after a hell of a lot of hand sewing, I am done.
I haven't got full pictures yet. After spending the evening in the hospital with a mirgaine being jabbed all over trying to get a lure in, my arms are black and blue with bruises, not the best look for contest photos :-p

I had a slight fit issue as you can see in the below picture. After sewing the dress and lining together, I had wrinkles on the bust curves, that I didn't have on the muslin.
I ended up re sewing the bust curve. In the below picture, the breast curve on the right of the screen was not reshaped, the one on the right was almost finished being reshaped.


The original bust curve is closer to the seam allowance, the redrawn is on the inside.




This is the inside of the dress.
Including the gorgeous lining, it's such a stunning color.
I had a bit of a hiccup with the original lining - with there not being enough fabric! WOOPS!
Fully lined, the zip is all enclosed etc. It's so lovely.


My truly invisible zip! Second time ever sewing one(first one was a disaster), and man it's come out just so well.



I'm really happy with how it's turned out.
There was a lot of new techniques I tried on this dress.
A CB vent, the invisible zip, my first sleeveless dress that's lined, and an invisible handstitched hem (4hours later! lol)
But the finish is just so wonderful, that it was worth it!

Can't wait to show the full pics, once my arms aren't looking like I've been in a fight!


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Looks amazing hun, can't wait to see it on you properly - when you aren't black and blue all over lol! Have a great day tomorrow x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good! Can't wait to see it on you. Heal quickly so we can, yeah? Us selfish readers want more! :D

    ReplyDelete