Sunday, August 22, 2010

I shopped my stash!

Never again will I feel guilty about buying fabric when I have no purpose for it.


While looking through my stash for, well anything really, I came across - printed satin! I'd totally forgotten that I'd purchased this while in Auckland. It'll be just perfect for my lining of my dress. No having to spend money, no having to drive hours to a fabric store to find something suitable, no waiting for fabric from overseas. It's prewashing now. I only had 2metres, so was unsure if I'd be able to eekk it out of the fabric, but laid the bits on top and I will definitely be able to.
Woohoo.
Now, just to wait for the contest to start in September!

Also this morning while sorting through a jar of buttons (that originally came out as a bar of juttons. woops) I discovered this COOL old earring. It's one of those ones for non pierced ears, so it has the wee screw at the back to tighten it.
Thought I might integrate it onto the dress somewhere.

Call me dense, I forgot the photos.


3 comments:

  1. It's not polka dots, but it's still pretty and fun, and it'll go nicely with the black dress theme.

    I was considering signing up for this contest, but I should probably get around to writing my thesis one of these days. So I'll have to live vicariously through you and others who are joining up for the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Serendipity! Don't you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the fabric that you "found"! I love being able to go shopping in my closet to find fabric! Love the earring too; I have a few buttons that would match it.

    ReplyDelete