I quite seriously could've cried this morning.
I traced out the Burda #138 yesterday, and cut it out this morning. Just out of a plain black sheet, tehehehe!
And I did something a bit different, instead of pinning the pattern then cutting, I marked around it with tailors chalk! Man it made the process so much easier and less frustrating. I'll definitely do that again.
So here was the result of my test dress from a sheet. I didn't cut the collar, I just really wanted to work out any fitting issues. But now having seen it on without the collar, I'm not going to include it at all. I LOVE the shape of the neckline, and don't want to get rid of that.
I put it on, and wanted to cry, seriously. I felt absolutely beautiful in it!
The neckline shape is just so gorgeous.
It's a bit snug in the front between the waist and hips as you can tell, so I'll do a smaller seam line or something there.
But otherwise - WOW.
And this is straight out of the magazine too, no alterations anywhere. There's no bunching in the back curves, and the invisible zip went in ok, even being my first ever time!