Sunday, March 27, 2011

Another satisfying wee project

A friends sister recently escaped from Christchurch after the quake, pregnant with only a couple of weeks to go. Her husband, son and herself came up here to get away while she had the baby and be in a good environment with running water, sewerage systems etc. She bought lots of wee newborn girly clothes with her to be prepared.

And then finally, out came the most gorgeous 11lb 8oz baby! Far too big for newborn clothes!

So I whipped up a wee Aline dress with a pattern from Scientific Seamstress. I love her patterns, and also have her Sis Boom Carly Bubble Romper, it's a wonderful pattern, and ultra cute. It's such a quick and easy pattern, can sew it up in under an hour. Makes a great gift for baby showers etc. 

Unfortunately I didn't grab a photo of the wee dress before I took it round, but she's going to get a photo and send it to me at some stage, so hopefully I can post a photo on here for you all to see.
With it being totally reversible, I used a minky dimple dot on one side, and a wee cotton pink retro print on the other.


I've made it before though, and have a picture of a previous one. Shame about the lining being thin, didn't think of that first did I ;)

So there is another quick project from me. I'm loving them at the moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment