Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Craftsy Classes - worth it!

I discovered the joys of Craftsy.com a few months ago now, and love it.

Last week, they had a $9.99 first class offer, so I signed up for Plus Size Pattern Fitting and Design with Barbara Deckert.
What an amazing class. With the class itself you even get a free Vogue pattern , that alone in NZ is $30 value!

V8815

I spent every night lying in bed watching the videos, the pattern hasnt arrived yet, but it's so great seeing how things are done, and I cannot wait to get started on it. My boss made a top out of this same pattern last year and it looks fab. I didn't think this type of pattern would work for plus size, but all the examples I've seen look absolutely great.

And something that some people don't know, and I didn't know until today - is that when you buy classes etc from Craftsy, you get "points" and by filling out parts of your profile you get more points. 10 points gives you another free class (thats like $60nzd value!)
So today, I earned enough points, to get a whole new class.
This time it's Pant Fitting Techniques by Sandra Betzina and once again, you get another free pattern


V2948
I've just watched just a couple of the lessons so far on the pant fitting techniques, but just seeing the lines explained in a video makes total sense!

I realise I sound like I'm getting commission lol, but I'm truly not, just thought I'd share it for those who haven't been entirely convinced by the class details etc. I learn a lot by looking at pictures on blogs etc, but seeing them done in a video where you can rewind, ask questions to the tutor herself is just like classroom learning. I love it!

4 comments:

  1. I love Craftsy classes, too. I've done heaps of different ones and they are all fantastic.

    How do you find out how many points you have, though? I went to check it out after reading your post and I can't find the information anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure, Craftsy sent me an email stating I was 2 points away from the free class etc. I just followed the link but it took me to my settings, and if I added my FB etc to the "my websites" list, it gave me points.

      I am wondering if it's maybe for newbies to the classes, as I hadn't purchased any classes prior to the plus size pattern fitting.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for getting back to me. I hadn't seen anything about earning points before on Craftsy, but I do got offers emailed to me from time to time.

      Delete
    3. I just went through my phone to see if I could find the email but it looks as though I must've deleted it from the computer and not the phone, phone it stays in the trash but not on the computer, argh! I too get the constant special emails, but yea this point thing was very interesting, I have even googled and FAQ'd and there was no indication of anything. I wish I could find it now, it's making me seem half mad lol.

      Delete